Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong operations in more than 100 countries and sales in 180.
With products that are used over two billion times a day around the world, we work to create a better future every day and help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others.
In the United States, Canada and the Greater Caribbean (Trinidad & Tobago, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico) the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Blue Band, Breyers, Caress, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, fds, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, OMO, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-Tips, Ragu, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Soft & Beautiful, St. Ives, Suave, tcb, TIGI, TRESemmé, Vaseline, and Wish-Bone. All of the preceding brand names are registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs more than 13,000 people across North America – generating nearly $10 billion in sales in 2010.
For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com
Title: Logistics Manager
Responsible for the coordination of production scheduling, material procurement, finished goods deployment, warehousing and palletizing.
This includes leading the inventory control of finished goods, packaging supplies, raw materials and ingredients.
Incumbent must manage low inventory levels while achieving high customer service levels and balancing costs. They are also responsible for all data management, information processing, communication, analysis and reporting requirements, systems and assets involved with these activities and functions. The Logistics will also be responsible for working with the Finance function to verify accuracy in costing analysis and assures that necessary consideration of customer and business requirements occurs in evaluation of innovation and cost reduction projects. Finally the manager will be expected to develops capability with in personnel involved with the Logistics function to manage a complex, dynamic function which is critical to meeting business and customer requirements, at the least possible cost, in compliance with Unilever, Customer and Agency policies and requirements.
1. Manage personnel involved with logistics function at the plant. The personal includes both employees in logistics and warehouse functions.
2. Assure integrity of information and materials managed and handled by the logistics function. Inaccurate, untimely or wasted resources can negatively impact customer service, cost and operating results. This is a critically important function that interfaces with Distribution, Transportation, Supply Planning, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing, and must coordinate diverse activities and requirements with plant and system capabilities for the purpose of assuring product availability.
3. Manage costs through the continuous improvement of efficiency in materials and information usage and movement through the Supply Chain interfaces with plant operations.
4. Ability to be involved in the evaluation and negotiation of contracts for products and services involved with the manufacture, movement and storage of materials and finished goods at the plant and outside warehouse sites. Meet business requirements at least total cost possible.
5. Comply with Company Policies for SHE (Safety, Health, and Environment) and Quality.
6. Active participant of plant TPM program.
7. Planning and managing change within the organization, from determining the objectives of the change to applying the change processes and techniques to achieve the intended commercial, organizational, and cultural outcomes and evaluating the results in a plant that is rapidly expanding production.
8. Manages the 8 story high-rise and work with the vendors to ensure it is fully utilized.
Minimum Education /Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required with a 5 to 7 years experience in program-based activities specific Logistics, Demand Planning, or Warehousing.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever - 10 months ago
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...