HUGHES TELEMATICS, INC.
Information is the fuel that drives our business. When plentiful, information enables sound business decisions. When well-analyzed, it has the power to effect change. When shared with others, it sparks improvement. At HUGHES Telematics, we are pioneering patented technologies and innovative services designed to harness the power of the vehicle information network – real-time, anytime. From reducing the cost of vehicle manufacturing, service and ownership to supercharging fleet productivity, safety and convenience, we are setting new standards in the vehicle Telematics industry. What could be achieved with the right information? Imagine the possibilities we have.
We are delivering the next generation of vehicle information-based technologies and services – today. Our patented systems allow complete connectivity to any make or model vehicle, but that is just the beginning. What really differentiates us from other companies is our broad portfolio of services. Each designed to significantly improve vehicle and customer relationship management potential while greatly reducing costs. Whether in the business of automotive manufacturing, dealer operations, fleet management or affiliated services such as insurance or car rental, we can help map out the fastest road to greater efficiency and revenue. We will also demonstrate solutions never thought practical. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Position Summary Description:
The Logistics Manager will have the responsibility initially of assessing the organization’s forward and reverse logistics requirements and working closely with IT to configure and implement the applications and interfaces necessary to support these. On an ongoing basis, this position will be responsible for setting direction and managing the logistics component of customer solutions. This will be done with a core team that will work with and through our service partners. We expect to manage our outside suppliers to provide the necessary services to exceed our customer’s requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategically manage day to day tasks related to all logistics (forward and reverse). Serve as the point of contact for internal and external customers regarding logistics issues and tasks.
- Manage fulfillment of all customer orders, utilizing effective and efficient practices to deliver superior customer service.
- Staff and lead a team of logistics professionals.
- Manage 3PL and related supplier.
- Ensure suppliers are held accountable for performance and continuous improvement including response time, delivery performance, quality improvement, cost control and cost reduction.
- Effectively communicate across the organization as well as being able to support customer facing communications.
- Define and implement appropriate metrics and measurements.
- Maintain broad knowledge of worldwide market trends on logistics issues, regulatory environment and relevant cost drivers.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in global logistics and supply chain with at least 3-5 years in a logistics leadership role. Direct experience in the wireless handset industry. Minimum 5 years’ experience managing 3PLs. Experience in implementing best practices in logistics. Specific experience in designing and implementing business processes within a dynamic, growing business environment.
- Operational experience in forward logistics from the receipt of inventory, order management and fulfillment including provisioning. Operational experience in reverse logistics including the return, testing, appropriate refurbishment and subsequent inventory management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven analytical skills to monitor trends and communicate and respond pro-actively to both internal and internal customers.
B.S. or B.A in business or a related field such as Supply Chain, Economics, Finance or closely related field
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
Hughes Telematics, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer; M/F/D/V
You may apply for this position by visiting the career section of our website at: www.hughestelematics.com
Back to Search Results
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...