Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Logistics Operations Specialist will be booking and dispatching drivers, setting pickup and deliver appointments, successfully negotiation rates with carriers, tracking and tracing of all shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empowered to make decisions to satisfy customer expectations regarding pickup and delivery of product.
- Customer services: problem resolution, sales and pricing.
- Carrier development and carrier relations
- Sales; both inside and outside along with customer site visits.
- Performance measurement; based on account performance, new customers acquired, productivity and delivery of service.
- Resolve rate discrepancies with carriers and respond to returned pre-notes in a timely manner.
- Equipment management, including customer equipment pools, to control absorbed per diem & storage costs.
- Operations process adherence; use personal judgment to satisfy customer expectations regarding pickup and delivery of product to meet expectations
- Serve as contact for the branch in matters regarding problem resolution, rate and contract negotiations.
- Business development; responsible for correctly setting the pricing to a customer to ensure that margins are acceptable for the corporation.
Education and Experience : Associates degree, plus one or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 17 months ago