This position manages overall relationships with the suppliers as well as the demand planning requirements process (forecasting and inventory) and purchasing activities. Constantly seek to identify benefits and cost savings opportunities through Vendor Management by ensuring that best practice processes are continually improved and used across all aspects of the role. As part of the strategic Logistic team, you will lead purchasing and planning activities. Responsible for timely purchase of goods at a price and quality that satisfies the buying specification, production efficiencies and budget requirements. Achieving lean stock control through efficient planning while working with suppliers to achieve cost savings, improved lead times and other key deliverables. Decision making and strong collaboration with other members of the supply chain teams are paramount to achieving the company objectives.
This position requires unwavering commitment to embrace the company’s culture by promoting a developmental organization through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s managing principles and core values in the on-going pursuit of the company’s global imperatives.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Deliver ongoing benefits through supplier management, implementing and maintaining procedures, and ensure that best practice Procurement processes are continually developed and improved
- Coordinate supplier production to forecast; with consideration of variable inventory requirements.
- Continually analyze inventory levels and activity to determine appropriate balance between distribution centers
- Make strong recommended adjustments to Demand Forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- System Data Integrity – Planning, update and accuracy of the information
- Initiate product purchases from suppliers to effectively maintain warehouse availability of product.
- Develop, measure and monitor vendor KPI's. Continually strive to improve supplier performance through internal feedback and a close working relationship with suppliers.
- Monitor vendor performance by requesting supplier reports, carrying out site visits, liaising with the QC Group and escalating within relevant business area as necessary.
- Analyze the Suppliers/Logistics networks to identify process improvements and cost savings opportunities. Including quarterly review of manufacturing partner contribution to insure lowest landed cost structure.
- Organize and execute factory direct order fulfillment activities.
- Coordinate pack changes, new items, and run-outs with marketing, sales, customer service, and vendors to minimize inventory and risk
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports regarding manufacturing & transportation partner performance.
- Collaborate with other member of the supply chain on special projects.
- Coordinate inbound vendor shipments with warehouses so that product is made available in a timely manor
- Work as part of a team and cover other areas of purchasing department as required as well as on own initiative
- Commit to personal development and growth by actively participating in personal development initiatives and applying developmental thinking within the context of planning and executing work.
- Four year college degree.
- Minimum 5 years of increasing Logistics Planning and/or Vendor Management experience and responsibility.
- Experience using automated purchasing systems.
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Adept at recognizing supplier problems prior to their development
- Enjoy working in an open team environment.
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....