Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. As we have expanded our expertise and service offerings, Panther has grown to include all types of ground, air, and ocean freight service. For more information about Panther visit www.pantherexpedite.com.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
The Logistics Professional’s primary responsibility is to provide customer service to both internal and external customers, which includes; taking customer orders, giving pricing information, performing consultative sales to customers, explaining services and benefits to customers assist with procurement of capacity, monitoring service on all requests and shipments, and generating business leads for our sales organization. The Logistics Professional will also anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives, and solve problems by resolving customer issues competently and appropriately.
- Supports new and existing customer accounts to foster business development.
- Provide prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to all customers internal as well as external
- Identify and communicate business opportunities into the sales organization (through the Sales & Marketing Support group).
- Order creation, Load Procurement, Negotiation, Freight Tendering, Problem Resolution
- Update customers regarding shipments as required via phone, email and web-based channels
- Identification of the customer needs and facilitation with owner operators or outside agents to provide the most cost effective means of shipment execution.
- Provide a high level of accuracy in order documentation
- Understanding of unique freight handling characteristics and delivery requirements to allow contractors to operate in a safety oriented environment.
- Assist contractors in obtaining shipment critical information (directions, pick up numbers, tow-related services, etc.)
- Monitor shipments from order entry through delivery to ensure on time performance is met
- Suggest improvements to business processes and procedures when applicable to benefit the corporate goals as well as key stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude, individual initiative and effective communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Effective in a fast paced work environment.
- Computer knowledge.
- Strong prioritization skills, high level of organization required
- Active listening skills
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
- Two years of industry experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.