Conducts health and safety assignments and, depending on assignment, environmental management assignments for the Logistics/Asphalt/Heavy Oils distribution organization, under general supervision. Conducts process hazard analysis (PHA) assignments for motor vehicle drivers, maintenance mechanics and related operators.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and a safe environment for employees and the general public
- Develops and maintains PHA related programs for location including coordination of PHA studies, supporting Manager, EHS in Process Safety Management (PSM) matters
- Tracks PSM needs and requirements as listed in tracking databases to maintain regulatory compliance for management and provides PSM coverage for special projects as requested
- Investigates incidents and accidents and assists in determining root causes
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in maintenance shop design and equipment to prevent personal injury to mechanics
- Evaluates and conducts process hazard analysis for maintenance shop additions and modifications
- Conducts safety training and assists management with training needs, including writing, maintaining and distributing operating procedures in conjunction with the Motor Vehicle Driver Trainer and Regulatory Coordinator, maintaining training logs, training records and certificates
- Coordinates survey compliance to process safety policy and procedures
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for compliance with OSHA regulations
- Assists management with loss control efforts including hazard assessment and control, compliance assessments and establishment of behavioral safety systems
- Maintains safety records for incidents, injuries, investigations and statistics
- Coordinates PPE programs for fire resistant clothing, safety shoes and glasses and annual physical exams and new hire physicals
- Maintains safety meeting records, acts as primary record keeper for Department and contact for these records during audits and research, and actively tracks and maintains records archives and master policy and procedure books
- Purchases safety related supplies and equipment for the organization
- Requests maintenance to address corrective action in response to “near miss” situations as needed and maintains associated records
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of three years of on-the-job experience required. And a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a refinery or motor vehicle operating unit is required.
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required. Additional education may be substituted for experience, such as an Associate’s, Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Safety or a related discipline.
Working knowledge of occupational safety and process safety, and ability to apply this knowledge. Special training/Certifications in Industrial Safety, Hazard Assessment, Air Monitoring, Radiation Safety, HAZWOPER, etc. Satisfactory completion of a comprehensive medical physical examination. Working knowledge of refinery practices and application of PSM Policies and Procedures. Ability to stand firm on doing the job safely if challenged, acting in diplomatic manner. Ability to evaluate and take prudent risks to accomplish work. Ability to effectively communicate with others, intermediate ability to read and write, and an ability to perform intermediate level mathematical calculations.
Computer skills are desirable for word processing or spreadsheet applications.
Office and field based with travel up to 25% of time by land or air required. Outdoor duties under wet and/or oil contaminated conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions. Industrial environment, including, but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks and rotating equipment. Subject to random drug testing. Required to work in all weather and temperatures including outdoors.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand & finger movements, reaching or grasping, bending, lifting and pushing or pulling up to 20 lbs, climbing up to 30 ft, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates , valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance, and ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted).
Please visit us at http://hollyfrontier.com/careers/ to view and apply for current opportunities with HollyFrontier Corporation. Application must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Monday, July 1, 2013.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer
HollyFrontier Corporation - 12 months ago