Logistics Specialist for International Programs (CONTINGENT) (Job Number: 308610)
SAIC currently has a contingent job opening for a LOGISTICS SPECIALIST FOR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS supporting our C4IT Business Unit’s AVIATION SYSTEMS CENTER DIVISION in PATUXENT RIVER, MD.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidate will assist Senior Logistics Specialist for International Programs to resolve complex international logistics issues and problems. He/She will support analytical efforts on major programs and lead the analysis on less complex programs.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and eleven (11) years of experience in the fields of aviation logistics are required.
- Experience in the various facets of major international weapons system programs.
- Thorough technical competence, strong analytical abilities and a broad perspective on international programs.
- Demonstrated participation in the formative stages of weapon system programs and responsibility for tailoring logistics concepts in response to special operation and support needs, as well as financial limitations of overseas military services.
- Demonstrated proven record of success on multiple aspects of international logistics, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging logistical requirements.
- Demonstrated broad based knowledge of Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Army modes of operation and logistics systems for the United States as well as a wide spectrum of other countries.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jun 5, 2012, 3:50:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-LEXINGTON PARK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...