GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will provide logistics support for the construction ramp up and ongoing operation of GLOBALFOUNDRIES new Fab8 manufacturing facility in Saratoga County, New York. The Warehouse Operations Tech position is a shift position working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is staffing for 4 shifts, with 50% of the positions assigned to the night shift.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Adhere to established EHS standards and proactively identify opportunities for improvement to promote and improve a safe work environment.
• Perform manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspection, warehousing, stores, equipment, supplies and mail.
• Prepare documentation and enter data into logistics systems including Warehouse Management System software.
• Handle high value equipment, materials, and hazardous materials in an industrial environment
• Count, weigh and measure incoming or outgoing materials to compare identifying information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records of data.
• Examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages and correspond with shipper to rectify; complete paperwork or forms required for documentation.
• Determine method of shipment optimizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Prepare materials for shipping by weighing, packaging, labeling, and preparing necessary shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, and commercial invoices.
• Coordinate pickup and delivery of material with service providers.
• Ensure documentation is compliant in collaboration with logistics and trade specialist.
• Operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks to move stock or reorganize storage.
• Fill orders and issue materials, tools, and supplies per requests; document transactions appropriately.
• Physically load and unload transported equipment.
• Order, purchase and recommend additions or deletions to standard stock items within established procedures and limits.
• Perform cycle counts and physical inventories.
• Utilize computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
• Perform daily inspections of material handling equipment.
• Perform within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area and support and participate on the Emergency Response team
• Prioritize work assignments based upon service commitment to customers and business need.
• High School diploma with a minimum 3 years of logistics or distribution experience
• Ability and willingness to obtain a forklift certification
• Demonstrated ability to operate automated or computerized systems and MS office software
• Sufficient written communication skills to communicate with co-workers and maintain accurate and complete records and daily logs
• Ability to use machinery for packing, wrapping, and crating materials
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, manuals and operations specifications.
• Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
• Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
• Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation.
• Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
• Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team.
• Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
• Able to perform activities that include bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching.
• Basic knowledge of import-export regulations
• Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
• Minimum of 2 years direct experience working in semiconductor manufacturing or in semiconductor tool/equipment/facilities maintenance
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 9 months ago