The Associate Logistics Tech role represents an entry level position. Associates will develop technical skills in their assigned areas, an understanding of the rules and regulations that RTI administers, and the basic operating approach at RTI including: reading, understanding, and following Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures; working in a team environment; and learning to work with minimal supervision.
The Logistics Tech 2 role represents an RTI position for individuals with some logistics experience and proficiency in at least one of RTI’s logistics competencies. Level 2 employees will continue to develop logistics skills in their assigned areas, further their growth as team contributors, and begin using their experience and technical abilities to demonstrate leadership characteristics.
The Logistics Tech 3 position requires proficiency in at least 2 relevant logistics competencies, prior experience, and an understanding of RTI operation, policy and procedures. Individuals in this position are expected to show a strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
The Logistics Tech 4 position requires proficiency in at least 3 relevant logistics competencies, prior experience, and complete understanding of RTI operation, policy, and procedures. Individuals in this position are expected to show a strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement, and a willingness and ability to perform as both leaders and strong team players in their workgroups.
· Performs daily activities in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs)
· Unpacks, segregates, organizes, wraps, and packages various supplies and equipment
· Washes, disinfects and sterilizes equipment using chemical treatment and/or Autoclave technology
· Accurately completes paperwork and performs data entry in accordance with Good Documentation Practices
· Preparation of appropriate cleaning applications (such as germicides and sporicides), and understands requirements to properly dispose hazardous and non-hazardous waste
· Performs duties to meet key annual performance metrics for operations
· Maintains accurate inventories for supplies and consumables
· Performs cycle count activities in accordance with SOP’s
· Performs duties while meeting all applicable internal, federal and state quality requirements
· Safe and accurate Material Handling practices
· Continuous improvement efforts in space utilization
· Expert in applicable Solomon and Ttrack software applications such as Order Management, IDT Receiving, and Solomon Inventory Modules.
· Achieves above average results the quality and quantity of output on a consistent basis
· Focuses on opportunities for cycle-time reductions/throughput increases/capacity expansion
· Ability to assist with systems improvement and integration initiatives
· Assists in review and updates to SOPs and WIs
· Knowledge of AQL inspection criteria and requirements for RTI’s supplies and products
· Understanding of ISO standards and their application to the RTI logistics team
o Ability to work in a team environment, exhibits a positive work attitude and respects fellow employees
o Ability to solve problems with problem solving techniques
o Participates in team meetings
o Actively participates in and complies with five pillar program
o Understands and takes responsibility for customers upstream and downstream of his/her activities
o Identifies and facilitates continuous improvement efforts in the areas of quality, safety, yield, compliance, cycle time, and waste reduction.
o Participates in continuous improvement activities in team meetings and other formal and informal settings.
· Personal Results
o Follows assigned priorities from manager or supervisor
o Ability to work with minimal supervision in a processing environment
o Understands and complies with safety requirements
o Performs duties while meeting all applicable internal, federal and state quality requirements and regulations
o Participates in periodic performance reviews on a timely basis
o Displays excellence in at least three competencies (preferably multiple weighted competencies) and shows a willingness and ability to learn additional skills
o Performs duties to support key annual performance metrics for operations
o Performs training for other employees that result in positive or improved performance by the trainee
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· HS diploma or equivalent required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to read, write and follow detailed procedures, written instructions and verbal instructions
· Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel and Internet, email, etc.
· Good organization skills and personal accountability
· Proven performance and experience with logistics activities
· Possesses detailed process knowledge relevant to all supporting functions of the logistics team
· Ability to train others in learned competencies
Engagement/Commitment – Demonstrate high levels of commitment to and connection with RTI Biologic’s goals, objectives and related priorities.
· Motivated: gives an extra effort to accomplish tasks well and on time
· Participates in activities and meetings that impact the work group and RTI Biologics
· Demonstrates commitment to the best interests of the work group and RTI Biologics
· Maintains flexibility and commitment in the face of change or new direction
· Personal and organizational values and practices are aligned
Professionalism/Integrity – Exhibit a consistent level of professionalism, good judgment, and integrity in all situations.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and pride in work
· Works independently, but knows when to ask for assistance or guidance
· Maintains confidentiality with sensitive or proprietary information
· Works safely and shows concern for the safety of others
· Consistently displays honesty and integrity in all interactions
Communication – Create understanding and support though effective use of various formal and informal communication techniques.
· Communicates clearly and effectively in written & spoken communications
· Asks good questions as needed to gain information and understanding
· Responds to questions with straightforward, useful information
People/Interpersonal Skills – Interacting with others in a way that tends to build healthy, productive working relationships with RTI Biologics and with external parties.
· Treats others with respect and dignity
· Listens actively to hear and understand others’ ideas and viewpoints
· Is team oriented; cooperates within and across departmental lines
· Willingly provides assistance and support to others
· Seeks to constructively resolve conflict and foster good working relations
(Also, see requirements identified in the “ Operations Competency Descriptors & Specific Job Requirements ” Form)
Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
Biomedical manufacturing environment.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
RTI Surgical - 2 years ago
RTI Biologics Inc. makes use of natural tissues and technologies to produce orthopedic, cardiovascular and other surgical implants that...