Orbis Logistics is an entrepreneurial driven company growing at 20% per year with a focus on meeting unfilled needs in the marketplace.
We can provide:
Truck Load Service
Less than Truck Load Service
Third Party logistic services
Turnkey warehouse management and delivery services
Value Added services
Pool Distribution services
We have immediate openings for experienced Managers and Supervisors located in the New Orleans Airport area. Salary is negotiable according to qualifications and experience.
This position has responsibility for operations, safety, customer service, recruiting, process management and system implementation. The nature of this job requires an individual who has demonstrated leadership skills, sound judgment and solid people skills. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for overseeing daily systems and processes and ensuring productivity metrics are achieved for your direct reports.
2. Oversee administration of accounts which includes ensuring work is on schedule and accurate. Insure central office information is up to date.
3. Review existing procedures and implement new procedures as needed.
4. Prepare daily, weekly or monthly computer generated reports as requested.
5. Responsible for enforcement of policies and procedures.
6. Hire, train and motivate staff for the operation.
1. At least two years of direct management experience including managing people and being accountable for an operation.
2. Must have a demonstrated history of leadership, and of mentoring and developing people.
3. Strong interpersonal traits such as duty, integrity, and diplomacy are important.
4. Must be innovative and creative in seeking solutions.
5. Being an effective communicator, both in written and verbal form, is critical.
6. Must be computer literate and have basic to intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as word and excel.