Leading publisher of special-interest books and magazines seeks a self-motivated and extremely reliable individual to join our distribution center, located in Naugatuck, CT. Responsibilities include executing effective inventory control processes and procedures, coordinating transportation and receipts of finished goods from manufacturers, and providing general support for DC operations and systems. Solid computer (MS Office) and analytical skills required. Systems-based inventory control exp desired. Some technical training preferred. Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to manage own schedule in fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit the receipt of all materials arriving in our facilities and make appropriate system entries.
- Coordinate and all inventory transfers to and from distributor and consignment warehouses.
- Maintain inventory system accuracy - enter manual adjustments as needed.
- Generate inventory reports on various systems as needed.
- Maintain accurate inventory systems set-up required to support general DC operations and overall order processing requirements.
- Identify, develop, and lead projects that improve our processes and systems.
- Provide shipping and routing instructions and coordinate shipment of all finished goods from vendor locations.
- Facilitate export shipments - prepare customs and freight forwarder documents as needed.
- Solicit prices, negotiate rates, and maintain accurate files on carrier pricing and discounts.
- Select the best and most cost-effective transportation solutions to meet our defined objectives.
- Audit carrier i nvoices and allocate cost internally.
- Coordinate testing of changes, modifications, and upgrades to inventory system.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent and additional technical training.
College degree and at least 3-5 years of related business experience preferred.
- Strong organization skills in a warehouse/office environment.
- Good computer skills and experience with MS Office applications
- Experience with MS Office applications and SQL queries required.
Experience with inventory control procedures and systems-based processes strongly preferred.
- Good analytical skills - planning and math aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Good communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to manage own schedule in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Highly reliable and extremely flexible.