Job Title: |
Long-Term Disability Unit Leader
Mount Prospect, IL
Ensures claim management accuracy and timeliness of all LTD decisions and makes determination on claims settlement within authorized guidelines.
- Works with customers to negotiate, arbitrate, and resolve issues, concerns, and expectations regarding process, service and performance guarantees.
- Manages risk and performance of assigned team and claim block
- Accountable for ensuring team performance with delivery on customer commitments and high quality claim decisions which includes intimate knowledge of actions and decisions made by members of team and appropriate coaching and performance management to address any discrepancies.
- Responsible for identification and delivery of action plans including Qualitative and quantitative quality insurance results.control reports, UM Scorecard, Appeals, customer escalations and complaints, etc
- Conducts quality management reviews to ensure appripriate claims management accuracy.
- Tracks data and analyzes and reports information via established claims metrics report on standard and customized levels.
- Manages individual unit operating costs.
- Participates in customer presentations and new account implementations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- 5-7 years insurance claims experience.
- 2-3 years previous leadership experience
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word and Excel
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Solid business knowledge of STD/LTD/Group Life Disability products, in addition to Workers’ Compensation, State laws, ERISA and Tax laws, ADA, FMLA, Rehabilitation, Social Security, Special Investigation processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Three to Five Years
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Don't accuse New England Life Insurance of a regional bias. The company, which operates as New England Financial, provides insurance and...