an account-level sales person focused on growing NBB’s business within a specified universe of key accounts in a market. The Beer Ranger job is special at New Belgium because how the job gets done is every bit as important as the results achieved in the marketplace. The Beer Ranger acts as NBB’s ambassador of good beer, good cheer and champion of quality assurance in the marketplace and at the distributorship. Like all members of the NBB Ranger team, the Beer Ranger is required to have fun while being a New Belgium Ambassador. Their primary area of focus will be distributor management with Harbor Distributing in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Be able to achieve specified account goals as provided by NBB manager within key account universe
- Be able to achieve and/or maintain NBB market standards in entire account universe in order to make NBB the craft beer market leader
- Spread the Love--develop “preferred supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable and cost effective brand support needs in account universe and also keeping accounts informed about new happenings at NBB
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
- Weekly perform one distributor work with, 3+ promos/staff trainings, 5+ new bottle placements, 3+ new draft placements and merchandize 20+ accounts. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market late night.
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of NBB and distributor’s businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Develop understanding for how the following get done: pos orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty pos and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all NBB products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
- Know key people and product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
Salary range for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace
- High motivation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and it’s product offerings
- General knowledge of brewing process and how all NBB beers are produced
- General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import beer companies in USA plus top four US brewers
- Strong communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing)
- Basic computer competence in word and excel and e-mail
- Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Previous beverage industry experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors and understanding how to work with different trade channels (i.e. on-premise, c-store, chain, hotel, etc)
New Belgium Brewing Company employees enjoy: competitive wages and salaries, a generous benefits package including: life, health, dental insurance, 401(k), participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and a Profit Sharing plan
New Belgium Brewing Company - 15 months ago