Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG.
The role of the Loss Control Consultant position is to provide technically competent loss prevention services and to conduct marketing activities to help acquire and retain profitable business in accordance with the company and business teams' policies and objectives.
The person hired will work from their home and travel in their territory. Overnight travel is limited but may be necessary on occasion. The general territory for this position is the San Francisco / Northern CA area and occasionally other locations as needed. A company car will be provided but the person hired for this position must have a good driving record.
- Surveys and services commercial risks of any size and/or complexity for all lines of coverage.
- Originates and manages all service account scheduling and activities for assigned territory. Meets or exceeds all service standards.
- Accomplishes risk improvement by providing management consultation services and submitting recommendations for hazard control.
- Provides value-added customer services to insureds, agents, and company personnel.
- Maintains good communications at all levels.
- Conducts sales activities in customer visits to help acquire and retain desirable customers.
- Participates in team selling efforts for large accounts. Assists assigned business teams with management of agency force.
- Assists in training commercial lines personnel.
- Maintains specialized state of the art professional capabilities in LP support for one or more commercial lines products.
- Assists product development teams.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years loss control / prevention experience while working for an insurance carrier/company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business/work experience.
- Strong property knowledge is required and the ability to evaluate commercial sprinkler systems.
- Must have following degrees of knowledge: 1. Basic knowledge of underwriting and product management skills. 2. Exert knowledge of Loss Prevention and marketing requirements for a least one commercial lines product. 3. Broad knowledge of commercial lines of insurance coverage, engineering principles and Loss Prevention concepts, Safety standards and codes (i.e. OSHA, DOT, EPA, CPSC, NFPA, etc.)
- Maintenance of at least two of the following designations is given strong consideration when deciding to promote an individual to this position: 1. Associate in Risk Management 2. Certified Engineering Technician 3. Certified Safety Professional 4. Professional Engineer. A Masters Degree in Safety and Health may be substituted for one of the professional designations.
- Must have conducted training programs and have extensively used computer programs to support functional activities.
- Expert selling skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Great American Insurance Group - 17 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...