Provides the leadership and management skills to ensure that direct reports and/or vendors contribute to the corporate goals of growth and profitability including active participation in the account acquisition and retention processes. Performs complete and accurate risk evaluations that identify exposures, evaluate controls, and the accurately measures risk through the STRIPES/Class Fit approaches. Develops and tracks compliance of risk improvement recommendations. Establishes focused risk improvement service plan through a consultative approach that includes: identification of client needs, establishment of service plans that eliminate loss causes, and actively assists the client in their implementation in a manner that assists in the achievement of their business goals. Actively participates in Stewardship process.
• Administers well defined goals and key activities for self and all direct reports measuring completion of performance management objectives, counsels staff when appropriate, and completes all required documentation on a timely basis. Rewards staff based on performance and contribution within budgetary parameters.
• Manages workload to ensure that client visits are performed by the most qualified service provider through internal and vendor staff to maximize efficiency and demonstrate customer value.
• Performs quality assurance of the work completed by direct reports and vendors to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness. Ensures that critical issues are identified and addressed through consultative service plans.
• Personally performs complete risk evaluations on the most challenging clients to identify exposures and evaluate controls. Creates written reports of all physical client (e.g. policyholder, agent, etc.) site visits on a timely basis. Issues and tracks for completion of all recommendations that are generated to reduce policyholder exposure to loss and communicates status to all interested parties.
• Performs loss trending analyses to measure the impact to the client and identifies risk improvement opportunities.
• Develops, sells and assists in the implementation of focused consultative service plans to improve the client’s exposure to business loss through concise service objectives. On multi-location accounts implements an effective management process to ensure that all sites receive consistent services that satisfy corporate expectations.
• Ensures that State mandated work is accurately completed on a timely basis, and provides support information during audit process.
• Active participant in the Stewardship process. Interacts with Underwriting, Marketing, and Claims to ensure effective communication that client needs are recognized and addressed.
• Promotes Loss Control services to the producer community and prospective accounts in order to write good new business.
• Promotes the effective implementation and use of the loss data systems to ensure that accurate information is captured and supports the client’s risk management needs.
• Stays abreast of existing laws and regulations, emerging technologies, and current loss prevention practices to ensure high quality expertise and client consultation.
Demonstrates active leadership through the oversight and direction of the operations ensuring that high quality service is delivered to all customers. Communicates corporate and departmental goals to direct reports and provides ongoing and timely feedback. Maintains communications to customers to ensure that needs are recognized and satisfied.
• Ability to provide vision and motivation to direct reports, coaches individuals to ensure high quality service, creates a climate where people strive to do their best, maintains communications within the zone and with customer to recognize and address needs.
• Sets well defined goals for direct reports, completes accurate performance management reviews on a timely basis, and provides coaching as needed.
• Minimum of 10 years of loss prevention experience with a multi-line carrier plus a demonstrated ability to solve technical problems in exposure control and effective service to complex policyholder accounts.
• Certification by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) is preferred.
• Having one or more of the following professional designations (ASP, ALCM, ARM, CIH, OHST, CPCU) can reduce the minimum years of experience to 4 years.
• Effective interpersonal, presentation, and customer service skills.
• May require competency in specific industries or knowledge/skills (e.g. construction, ergonomics, fleet, industrial hygiene, property, etc.) in addition to general safety.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet Crum & Forster’s MVR criteria
• College degree or an equivalent in Safety/Occupational Health, Engineering or the Sciences, etc.
• Sufficient computer skills to operate in Microsoft Office suite, Lotus Notes, and other applications
• Able to operate a motor vehicle and travel the territory by driving and/or flying. Overnight travel is routine.
• Ability to perform on-site policyholder inspections requiring extensive walking, climbing stairs or ladders, handling uneven terrain, etc. Ability to move about work sites of varying physical and environmental hazards including moving mechanical equipment, noise, temperature variations, airborne contaminants, etc. Must be able to regularly lift and/or carry laptop computer with associated equipment weighing about 25 pounds.
Crum & Forster - 8 months ago