Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
Applies expert problem solving skills on complex issues for researching and resolving exception items that have been initiated via various channels. Analyze problems, make recommendations and make decisions impacting team . Ensures that all deadlines are met and that daily work is distributed appropriately and that client standards are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Provides training, coaching and direction to team members while creating an environment, which encourages teamwork, commitment, increased productivity and superior quality. Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls with clients designed to obtain feedback on the performance of the Unit, and to provide an opportunity to implement any necessary procedural changes. The Team Lead partners with the manager on process improvements and workflow to ensure business objectives are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Provides technical training, direction and quality feedback to team members
- Monitors workflow, provides distribution of work items to team, and becomes active in the workflow when volume necessitates
- Assists in developing revised standards and methods for processes and procedures within the department.
- Communicate with clients, customers and other business partners to drive operational excellence
- Positively impacts employees, team and departmental morale, engagement and performance
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Applies expert problem solving and analytical skills to resolve complex issues
- Recognize and recommend areas needing improvement.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks and goals
- Collaborates with manager to ensure workflow is effectively managed
- Demonstrates strong internal and external communication to drive improved performance
- Sets examples for behavioral expectation: attendance, teamwork and organizational contributions.
- Ability to comprehend, adhere and execute on procedural requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending or related experience
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in customer service environment
- Prefer Loss Drafts experience
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and web based applications.
- Strong working knowledge of DTE, Smartflow, or comparable client servicing systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 34129
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...