Req Id 10061 - Posted 05/10/2013 - Stores - United States - NY - 34th Street, New York
DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
As a Loss Prevention agent, you will protect the assets of DSW, help maintain a safe business environment, and monitor and enforce associate compliance to Company policies and rules of conduct. You will be responsible for promoting shortage prevention and awareness as well as as working to detect and apprehend shoplifters and other customers who commit thefts and/or fraud while on DSW premises.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete all Loss Prevention training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law.
- Understand and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions and the preservation of evidence.
- Under direction of Loss Prevention Manager, train new associates on LP standards, company policies, theft deterrence and shortage awareness.
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters and other customers who commit fraud against DSW in compliance with company standards.
- Serve as support to store management to ensure safe work environment.
- Prepare complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, and safe work environment.
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on company apprehension guidelines.
- Must be able to stand/walk sales floor for entire shift.
- NY State security guard certification needed
- Possess general operating knowledge of retail security camera equipment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
- Prior Loss Prevention/Security experience a plus.
DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual and...