This position ensures that all hotel guest, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Performs security rounds of the hotel, to include front of house and heart of house areas.
- Visits all locations requiring special attention as frequently as required.
- Responds immediately to those emergency incidents and Security requests to which he or she is assigned.
- Ensures maximum guest, associate, and hotel safety and security at all times.
- Is courteous, tactful, and helpful, but firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures.
- Familiar with all emergency situations, including fire alarms, according to procedure and with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Performs lock audits as assigned by the ISD operator and management.
- Reports in writing on all activities during each shift before leaving the hotel, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established Security procedures.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Director of Rooms, Security Supervisor, and responds to directions from any Executive Committee member or Department Manager.
- Creates and maintains the highest standards of Security at all times, begin professional in attitude, appearance, and application.
- Monitors the Security of the receiving dock and may assist with collecting packaging passes for all parcels taken from hotel.
- Confiscates all unauthorized parcels etc., and notifies the Director of Rooms immediately.
- Protects hotel from admission of undesirables and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises.
- Use friendly and appropriate expressions when engaging guests
- Be fully acquainted with the different points of interest
- Ensure that the public areas are clean and tidy by cooperating with Housekeeping Department when necessary
- Direct guests to the Front Desk or meeting rooms
- Engage in conversation with as many guests as possible
- Be familiar with guest scenarios and follow-up on all guest requests and concerns, effectively
- adhering to the service recovery process.
- To be thoroughly knowledgeable Security Moments of Service scenarios, and execute to standard.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities (to include Wireless Internet, Select Guest Program, Frequent Flyer Mileage Program, Laundry Services, and Omni Kids Program)
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities (F&B outlets, Business Center, Fitness Center, Concierge Lounge, Outdoor Pool, Meeting Space, Parking Garage)
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include PBX, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
- To be familiar with local attractions and businesses (to include Charlotte Athletic Club, Museums, Restaurants, BOA Plaza, Epicenter, Malls)
- Understand the importance of our Medallia scores.
- Maintain 4 - Star/4 – Diamond Standards of guest service
- Maintain unexpired CPR certification at all times
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Familiarity with parking validation procedures and Good Night’s Rest Policy
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained
- Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One
- Perform other duties | special projects as assigned by Front Office Management
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to entire shifts.
- Must be able to lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds.
- Must have at least one year of prior security and customer service experience, preferably in hospitality.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain a professional business appearance, attitude and performance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, email, radio and reporting.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- First Aid/CPR Certification is required.
- Must be able to remain clam and professional during stressful situations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels - 30+ days ago
Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 50 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business...