Loss Prevention Agent
Accountable To :
Division Loss Prevention Supervisor
To monitor and protect store property, assets, customers and employees through the proper utilization of specified investigative procedures and enforcement of store security rules and regulations.
Nature and Scope
Emphasis in this position is on specified investigative procedures and apprehension of shoplifters and dishonest employees. Prior training or experience in law enforcement or security is desirable. Knowledge of related state and local regulations and Cub security policies is required. Position required to respond in a tactful and discretionary manner when confronting and diffusing situations of a sensitive nature. Requires good confidentiality on company-related matters. Majority of time is spent on store surveillance. Incumbent is required to thoroughly document all incidents and submit routinely to the Loss Prevention Supervisor. The Loss Prevention Supervisor provides specific direction or guidance with regard to investigation of employees, incidents involving possible physical confrontations, potential court cases or unusual circumstances. This position requires ongoing judgment/decision making, reading, writing, walking and standing. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Assignments and work direction are provided by the Division Loss Prevention Supervisor or designee.
1. Knows and enforces company policy and procedure as well as city and state regulations on all matters related to position.
- Keeps Loss Prevention Supervisor and Store Manager informed on pertinent matters.
- reading, writing, memorization, judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction
2. Observes and Apprehends Shoplifters
- Makes routine rounds of sales floor
- Contacts law enforcement officials as necessary
- Remains calm and exercises discretionary use of restraint while detaining subject
- Completes report procedures accurately
- Provides proper documentation for reports
pushing/pulling 25 to 75 pounds, walking, equipment operation (shopping cart, radio, phone)
judgment/decision making, memorization, social skills/verbal interaction, reading, writing
Occasional: Physical –
lifting 10 to 25 pounds, equipment operation (handcuffs)
3. Conducts employee investigations as directed
- Maintains awareness of and follow up on reports of possible theft, conducts or assists in surveillance and investigations and secures/documents evidence
- Investigates cashier shortages and takes appropriate action
Frequent : Mental
judgment/decision making, memorization, writing, reading
4. Conducts routine investigative procedures for store and premises
- Ensures security of all interior and exterior doors
- Monitors cameras and exterior premises
- Checks security equipment
- Completes internal audit programs while keeping up-to-date records
- Checks sweep logs, fire extinguishers
- Checks receiving procedures
- Checks for hazards using safety check list and reports to proper department
Frequent : Physical
walking, climbing stairs, equipment operation (security system)
judgment/decision making, memorization, reading, writing
5. Responds immediately to store emergency situations or disturbances
- Follows necessary procedures and exercises discretion in handling situations
Frequent : Physical -
walking, running, equipment operation
judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction
6. Maintains professional relationship with store employees, customers and law enforcement agencies
Frequent : Mental
social skills/verbal interaction, judgment/decision making
7. Testifies in court as necessary
- Appears at hearings timely, attends cases as directed and is prepared for testifying when needed
- Utilizes prepared evidence
Frequent : Mental
social skills/verbal interaction, judgment/decision making, memorization
8. Follows all store and department policies and procedures
Frequent : Mental –
memorization, judgment/decision making
9. Assists in proper acceptance of checks according to company guidelines as requested
10. Follows all other duties as assigned
- Within each essential functional requirement,
represents approximately 15% of the work shift or at least ten (10) repetitions per work shift.
represents approximately less than 15% of the work shift or fewer than ten (10) repetitions per work shift.
- "Cub Foods" Management retains the discretion to add to or change the position functions at any time.
- Position functions may vary by store location.
Supervalu - 5 months ago
After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the purchase of more than 1,100...