This position is responsible for gathering store level point-of-sale data utilizing the IntelliQ loss prevention exception reporting system. The individual within this position will create and maintain a library of key performance indicators (KPI's), assist in the development of routine and/or complex exception reports, analyze historical shrink data and develop ad-hoc queries to identify opportunities that will reduce theft, fraud, waste and shrink within Claire's & Icing Stores.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Review data and analyze store level POS exceptions to identify behaviors that contribute to shrink. Partner with Regional, District and Store Management to identify, research, develop and close internal and/or external theft cases at Claire's & Icing Stores North America.
- Responsible for the research, development and maintenance of standard exceptions, relying on point of sale, inventory, or other relevant data.
- Assist in the creation and monthly management of reports to track high level exception data for the company. This data will assist in remediation, tracking progress towards goals and understanding the overall impact on the business.
- Refine exception parameters on an as needed basis.
- Assist with new user training on critical systems within the Loss Prevention Department (i.e, IntelliQ exception based reporting system, POS, SPI-10 Inventory, AS/400, or other related systems).
- Perform additional analyses and/or special projects as needed or requested.
- A complete understanding of exception based reporting and systems management.
- Knowledge of retail operations, loss prevention, investigations and shrink reduction programs.
- Knowledgeable in statistical modeling and forecasting.
- Strong proficiency in all MS applications (i.e., Word, Power-Point, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Ability to proactively and independently analyze historical data, identify theft trends, exceptions while building cases from the displayed information.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
· Associate degree in Criminal Justice or Business related field required. Bachelors Degree preferred
· A thorough understanding of building, creating, testing and implementing exception reports
· An understanding of identifying, building, researching and closing internal theft/policy cases within a retail environment preferred.
· Two to Five years experience in retail loss prevention or asset protection.
Claire’s ® is our primary global brand that we operate in 44 countries through company-owned or franchise stores. Claire’s...