Continental Services has grown to become Michigan’s largest independent food management company and one of the nation’s top 50 food management providers. Beginning in 1989 as a small Detroit-based coffee and vending business, Continental has deep Michigan roots. Now a leader in the industry, serving more than 650 clients spanning business, education, government and nonprofit sectors, Continental provides customized dining and refreshment packages in Business and Industry Dining .
Loss Prevention Field Auditor
The loss prevention field auditor will be responsible for identifying ways to optimize business profitability and educate the workforce on techniques that will promote compliance, mitigate risk and prevent loss. This will be accomplished through prevention education, conducting audits, analyzing findings, identifying opportunities, and being part of the team that implements change.
Key responsibilities include:
Minimum Requirements, Experience & Education:
- Proactively seek value added solutions that promote compliance, mitigate risk and prevent loss. Evaluate company processes. Recommend changes to improve compliance, risk management and financial performance. Lead communication and training with associates . Create tools to minimize loss and increase understanding of prevention principles and practices .
- Develop and implement audit schedule and methodology. Identify criteria and timeline . Determine and establish scope and objectives for operational audits. Become familiar with processes, procedures, systems and reporting. Maintain schedule of audit activities.
- Prepare for onsite audits. Review information available through system reports (over/short reporting, exception reports, etc.). Evaluate controls to determine the areas of highest risk. Develop audit plans and address high-exposure areas.
- Perform audit s and investigation s. Observe operations for compliance with policies and procedures. Conduct inventory audit , c ashier audit , r ental and breakage review , p ortioning audit , pac kaging audit , HACCP and safety review , POS reviews, etc.
- Prepare prompt and complete reports. C ompile and prioritize issues to be addressed. Conduct meetings to share results with site management. Provide timely and accurate instruction for corrective action required . Record findings for roll up reporting to executive management. Identify trends and incorporate into prevention practices.
- Conduct formal investigations f or incidents involving theft or suspected theft. Observe customer and associate behavior. Review videos. Perform interviews. Report findings and suggest corrective action. Work with various stakeholders and authorities to achieve resolution.
- Continuous Improvement : Stay abreast of new developments and leading practices in auditing procedures, governmental regulations or internal control procedures. Provide recommendations to minimize risk, improve operating efficiency and ensure compliance
Continental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must have a minimum of a High school diploma required, Assosicate or Bachelor Degree preferred. Continuing education with bachelors in Hospitality, Criminal Justice, or Business Administration preferred.
- 3-5+ years loss prevention and/or audit experience required. Food and beverage industry knowledge required and experience strongly preferred .
- HACCP or other food safety credential strongly preferred. Auditor certification in IRCA, RAB-QSA, SQF, BRC, IFS, or ISO 22000 helpful .
- Self-directed with a proven track record of delivering results with little guidance/direction. Results oriented and flexible; Takes action as soon as a need arises and can demonstrate positive results; steadily follows through on tasks and communicates progress.
- High level of integrity and dependability. Trustworthy and discreet, with high ethical standards and professional image.
- Proven problem solving ability with productive curiosity. Proficient interviewing skills . Good listening. Detail-oriented with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret data in context of the bigger picture.
- Strong communication and presentation skills . T reat s others with respect. A good educator who is willing to share information and serve as a change agent .
- Strong proficiency with electronic communication and Microsoft Office Suite . Aloha, Restaurant Guard, Trim Trax experience helpful .
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time and work flexible hours to cover location audits. Travel will be required throughout Michigan and Northern Ohio .
Qualified Candidate Please Submit Your Resume & Cover Letter To:
**Please include in subject title of e-mail " LP Field Auditor"
Monster - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard