Job Category: Loss Prevention
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
Loss Prevention Manager – Distribution Center
Responsible for the development and implementation of various Loss Prevention policies and programs designed to safeguard personnel, property, merchandise, facilities and other assets. In addition, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of safety policies and programs designed to provide a safe environment for all employees. The development, coordination and communication of Loss Prevention and Safety policies and programs are critical responsibilities that must be carried out with a global perspective conducive to CVS operating philosophy. Ensure the adherence to Loss Prevention policy and procedure relating to distribution safety and loss control.
• Manage, coordinate (in conjunction with DC Management) and control activities relating to asset protection and loss containment.
• Manage and promote employee safety awareness to include, but not limited to, accident prevention, employee awareness and education, safety incentives and housekeeping/sanitation programs that are in accordance with established company guidelines.
• Develop and implement (in conjunction with distribution management) safety policies and programs designed to provide a safe working environment to all employees.
• Manage the quality control and assumed receipts program.
• Conduct investigations and interview personnel involved in actual or suspected theft or other criminal acts.
• Supervise uniform contract guard service.
• Maintain and monitor burglar and fire alarm systems.
• Review personnel, visitor and contractor logs daily to ensure compliance with identification badge and sign in and out procedures.
• Administer and review Package Pass and parking procedures for compliance.
• Administer and manage lock and key control systems and investigate loss or theft of assigned keys.
• Manage the Safety Incentive and Alternate Duty Programs within the facility.
• Maintain record of lost time injuries and meet regularly with insurance carrier to review worker’s compensation cases.
• Conduct orientations for new hires and provide training and education to employees on Loss Prevention and Safety programs and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with Store Operations, Legal, Purchasing, General Accounting, Loss Prevention, and Safety Programs and procedures.
• Administer company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with all warehouse departments and promote teamwork within the facility.
• Actively support and participate in company sponsored programs and events, task force groups and serve as chairperson of various committees, if needed.
• Continually review, analyze and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of protection policies and procedures within the DC.
• Manage the execution of capital and expense purchases within budgetary guidelines.
• Participate in or take direct accountability for other duties/activities as directed/requested by upper Management.
• Also needs the ability to work in seasonally warm and cool work environment.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical demands: This position has a lifting requirement of 100 lbs for 0% to 33% of the time. Other physical activities include bending/reaching/stooping 0% to 33% of the time and walking/standing/climbing 0% to 33% of the time.
Work environment: Warehouse environment, which includes seasonal temperature changes, rolling equipment, and conveyors
• College degree in Loss Prevention, Criminal Justice, or related field, or 5 years equivalent experience.
• Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively interface with other distribution center employees, supervisors, and managers.
• Ability to conduct several tasks at one time is essential.
• LP Qualified (LPQ) or LP Certified (LPC) certifications are preferred. Required Qualifications:
College degree in Loss Prevention, Criminal Justice, or related field, or 5 years equivalent experience. Good analytical and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interface with other distribution center employees, supervisors, and managers. Ability to conduct several tasks at one time is essential. LP Qualified (LPQ) or LP Certified (LPC) certifications are preferred Preferred Qualifications:
Masters Degree Education:
Bachelors Degree Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.