A member of the loss prevention team who supports the construction project(s) implementation of their safety and loss prevention program. Responsible for the implementation of the company’s accident prevention program, including federal/state regulations, for assigned project(s) to prevent accidents. Trains jobsite employees and subcontractors about safety programs and protocol.
Loss Prevention Responsibilities
· Conducts new employee project orientation and basic training with Balfour Beatty and subcontractor employees.
· Assists Loss Prevention and Operations in preparing safety related bid documents and project-specific safety programs.
· Coordinates all Loss Prevention efforts on the project with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
· Attends subcontractor preconstruction meetings, review task specific Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and assist with planning for safety issues.
· Assists with material and equipment acquisition for new project setup.
· Conducts frequent inspections of projects and identifies current and future safety challenges.
· Assists Loss Prevention in establishing and administering project safety recognition programs.
· Prepares written reports of project inspections and assists project staff with correcting and preventing hazards.
· Conducts project loss prevention audits.
· Provides technical safety consulting services for projects and reviews preconstruction safety submittals.
· Leads Loss Prevention and project staff with safety training at all levels.
· Assists with establishing and maintaining a project crisis management plan.
· Conducts accident investigations and assists with OSHA and environmental inspections.
· Manages workers compensation claims including the return to work program.
· Maintains project incident logs for all reported injuries, GL claims, WC claims, and OSHA recordables.
· Assists Superintendent with sediment and erosion control and other environmental responsibilities.
Promote Customer Relations
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
· Participates in company training programs and commits to self development.
- Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
· Keeps current with new developments in OSHA regulations and company safety policies, and communicates to the appropriate jobsite personnel.
Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values, and does one’s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture.
Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Job Description - Requirements
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- B.S. in Safety & Environmental Health, Construction Management or related field or certification as a Certified Safety Professional, preferred (or equivalent experience) and 5 + years of experience, preferably in the construction industry. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
- Certified Safety Professional
- Certified Health and Safety Technician License
- Associate Safety Professional
- OSHA 500 Certified
- Demonstrates accurate record keeping skills.
- Demonstrates solid customer service skills and verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player and function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor/train others.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty Construction - 16 months ago
Balfour Beatty Construction is deep in the heart of Texas -- and beyond. The company provides start-to-finish project management,...