Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Responsible for the overall Loss Prevention Program relevant to the prevention, apprehension and prosecution of shoplifters. Assist company Loss Prevention staff conducting various investigations. Assist store management with security issues. Employees in this position are assigned to work in a specific store location and service multiple store locations in designated geographic area.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Detects, apprehends and prosecutes shoplifters.
· Prepares and submits reports involving investigations and LP (Loss Prevention) matters.
· Participates in internal company investigations.
· Testifies at legal and court proceedings on behalf of the company.
· Participates in maintenance of LP and safety programs.
· Conducts loss prevention audits.
· Detects, investigates and reports hazardous workplace incidents and issues.
· Provides store support by promoting LP and safety awareness.
· Provides LP training to store staff.
· Maintains store security and video systems.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Displaying a general knowledge of C.C.T.V. equipment, locks and door hardware.
· Recognizing the required criteria to determine what constitutes shoplifting.
· Professionally addressing difficult, sometimes angry individuals.
· Providing excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills in a work setting.
· Documenting work and customer service activities.
· Applying strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
· Prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Demonstrating initiative and self-direction.
· Working effectively in a team oriented environment.
· Work 10-12 hour shifts, with open availability including weekends and graveyard shifts.
· Sit for extended periods of time.
· Perform all tasks efficiently and accurately with confidentiality, honesty and integrity.
· Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Office machines (computer terminal, copier/ scanner, 10-key, fax machine, telephone etc.).
· C.C.T.V., DVR and digital camera equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this mostly...