The Loss Prevention (LP) Specialist is a key high level hourly associate position in the Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs). The Loss Prevention Specialist leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection in a designated fulfillment center. The LP Specialist is a key member of the ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) Security and LP organization, reports to the Manager, Security & LP responsible for their facility, and aids them in supporting our FC Operational team, and the cross functional teams throughout the organization (Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Audit, Security Services-Retail/CS/Corp, WW Physical Security Systems and Design, and Inventory Control Quality Assurance).
The Specialist’s primary responsibility will be supporting the efforts of their Manager in the implementation of standardized, cost effective and efficient security services program for their assigned FC(s) as measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access and inventory control effectiveness, and the protection of our FC’s employees and visitors as well as improvements to non-security department related productivity (such as employee retention, business continuity, product and equipment dependability, continuous flow, etc).
The Specialist will also assist in enhancing, tracking, and reporting on metrics which are key performance indicators that properly correlate to the department’s objectives and effectively (the speed they identify root causes of defects) indicate areas of opportunity and weakness that allow the Loss Prevention team to prioritize, self-diagnose issues and expedite performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner.
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to your area are fulfilled
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud
- Ensure the MDF room within the assigned FC is effectively secured to eliminate possibility of data theft caused by physical access to the related data systems
- Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members
- Ensure that you understand, align performance and actions with and can clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and their department
- Meet or surpass your objectives that align with security service model
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency
- Identify, promote and implement security best practices in a designated FC
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
- Coordinate data collection, through database polling or data entry, from multiple FCs; and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations
- 1+ years' experience in retail loss prevention
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 2+ years’ experience in security services, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related field
- Formal investigation training certification (Wicklander/Zulawski or Reid) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or on track to obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in less than one year
- Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with dbases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, Access, etc
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
- Analytical experience in performance based, action and results oriented setting
Amazon.com - 7 months ago
Amazon.com, Inc. (Amazon.com) operates retail Websites and offers programs that enable third parties to sell products on its Websites. The C...