Deffenbaugh Industries is currently seeking a Security and Loss Prevention Specialist to be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the loss prevention and shortage control programs for all company locations. This individual supports the Director of Security in the investigations related to loss, training employees, conducting loss prevention audits, and surveillance/identification of employees/vendors/individuals who are involved in fraudulent activities or misuse of Company assets.
· Implements and monitors the loss prevention policies, procedures and programs to ensure the programs are aligned with the Company’s goals and objectives and applicable laws and regulations.
· Conducts meetings and training sessions with management teams and employees to make sure loss prevention policies, procedures and programs are being followed.
· Conduct periodic audits of location security to identify potential losses, problems or deficiencies.
· Maintains documentation of all loss prevention activity
· Conducts investigations and surveillances of all potential losses, problems or deficiencies to include interviews to obtain statements of facts or confessions.
· Maintains a close liaison and working relationships with managers to ensure alignment of company philosophy, goals, direction and expectations.
· Provides and monitors the physical requirements to protect company property, employees and customers.
· Conducts scheduled and unscheduled cash audits.
· Investigate employee theft at the manager/supervisors request; follow all policies and procedures related to the monitoring, apprehension and processing of individuals
· Conduct regular site inspections to observe loss prevention issues
· Assist Accounting Department in the monthly reconciliation of inventory and shrinkage analysis for all locations. Assist to resolve, investigate and process inventory discrepancies and closing requests as needed.
· Deliver monthly reporting of Loss Prevention activity including financial impact of losses to business. s
· Establishes and maintains liaison with public officials, law enforcement agencies/employees or other to obtain assistance in conducting investigations.
· Two years related experience and/or training in loss prevention, security, law enforcement or criminal justice; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to work extended schedule to include some weekends.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience using Microsoft and database management software/programs.
· Ability to respond to alarm calls during non-business hours
· Ability to view sensitive material and maintain strict confidentiality of business information
High School diploma and related Criminal Justice/Administration of Justice studies preferred
The work environment is generally an office setting but also includes industrial and outdoor settings. Exposure to weather elements: heat, cold, rain, snow. Some travel required (10%)
The physical demands are the ability to lift 20 lbs for filing, sitting for long periods of time, speaking on the phone, using fingers for writing and typing. Ability to operate photographic, video and/or surveillance equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug/alcohol free work environment
Deffenbaugh Industries - 2 years ago