Job Summary: The Loss Prevention Specialist will protect company assets through the execution of safety, inventory recovery and internal and external theft reduction programs. Responsible for assisting in the administration of loss prevention policies, procedures, reduction of loss of inventory, time, and initiatives designed to enhance the safety of La Michoacana Meat Market’s customers and employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies, investigates and resolves internal and external loss. Conducts surveillances; reviews DVR; receives and reports confidential information to the COO to support internal investigations
2. Assists in the prosecution of persons accused of theft and other illegal acts that occurs in the store; maintains and controls evidence.
3. Complies with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as company policies and procedures when carrying out responsibilities.
4. Responsible for improve store loss prevention awareness.
5. Conducts inspections of parking lot, back stock area, receiving dock and other controlled areas to ensure that physical security standards are maintained. Makes recommendations to prevent loss and improve profitability.
6. Complete thorough reports on all loss prevention related activities.
7. Support the COO in the execution of loss prevention initiatives.
8. Testify in court and labor hearings resulting from loss prevention related activities.
9. Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
10. Completes all company training requirements and maintains certifications required by law.
11. Work in a multi-unit environment.
12. Conducts loss prevention audits.
13. Detects, investigates and reports hazardous workplace incidents and issues.
14. Provides LP training to store staff.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Personal Characteristics:
- Operational knowledge of CCTV systems
- Knowledge in investigative techniques including good interviewing skills
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Ability to confront individuals in a calm and diplomatic manner Good customer service
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in Spanish/English
- Ability to travel to varied work locations
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- High school diploma or GED. Two years of college in Law Enforcement related field preferred.
- 2 years experience in investigative auditing and / or retail Loss Prevention
- Bilingual. English/Spanish.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
- Multi-store loss prevention experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Lift up to 50 lbs in a regular basis
- Work extended hours
- Work rotating schedules
- Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including a medical, dental and vision plan as well as a 401(k) plan to help you prepare for your future.
This document describes the current position. It is not an employment contract. Our Company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at its discretion.