Our West Trenton Engineering Department has an opening for a full-time Loss Prevention Specialist.
- Conduct New Risk Appraisals and underwriting evaluations in support of Workers Compensation and Commercial Auto.
- Conduct accident investigations.
- Work with the policyholder to improve potential risk factors.
- Develop, enhance and present training programs in the area of loss prevention.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Complete surveys which can include industrial hygiene, sound and ergonomic surveys.
- Secure OHST certification if necessary.
- Local travel is required primarily in New Jersey.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor's of Science degree is required. Preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five to seven years of industrial or manufacturing experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience utilizing an automated insurance processing system preferred
- Certification as an Occupational Health and Safety Technologist or Safety Professional preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Experience with laptop computers as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company - 21 months ago