As a part of the store operations team, a Loss Prevention Supervisor is responsible for supervising LP associates, detecting, reporting and resolving matters in the area of safety, inventory shortage, cash handling and theft, and for providing customer service as per company standards.
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Conduct surveillance to detect and apprehend shoplifters
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to maintain physical security and protection of assets
- Monitor closed circuit television systems, if applicable
- Enforce company standards as they relate to security and safety procedures
- Participate in the training of new hire associates in matters of loss prevention
- Conduct safety inspections and communicate hazards to keyholder on duty
- Ensure physical security by controlling access of associates and visitors, along with maintaining visitor control log
- Participate in the store's loss prevention and safety programs
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy
- Ability to perceive situations accurately
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards, using judgment and discretion
- Ability to maintain records and documentation
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Loss Prevention Supervisor/ Law enforcement background preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to see or hear activity in the store, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Basic PC skills
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Coat Factory - 16 months ago
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.