The Loss Prevention Associate is responsible for executing the companys Loss Prevention, Shortage Control and Safety programs at the store level. Responsible for monitoring the physical protection and safety standards for the stores merchandise, physical structure, customers and associates. Act as a deterrent to individuals involved in dishonest activity and if necessary make an apprehension as required. Detect report and resolving matters in the area of safety, inventory shortage, cash handling and theft, and for providing customer service as per company standards.
Focus of position:
- Positively demonstrate the companys Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Patrol the store and stand at assigned locations in Burlington Coat Factory Loss Prevention Uniform jacket to create a professional and demonstrative visible Security presentation to Customers and Associates
- Detect and deter individuals involved in dishonest or illicit activity in the store. The physical detention of individuals responsible for shoplifting is required as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve internal theft cases at the direction of Loss Prevention Management
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to maintain physical security and protection of assets
- Monitor closed circuit television systems, if applicable
- Complete required audits and inspections and provide accurate documentation of results.
- Represent Burlington Coat Factory in court proceedings associated with Loss Prevention apprehensions and investigations when necessary.
- Enforce company standards as they relate to security and safety procedures
- Participate in the training of new hire associates in matters of loss prevention and safety procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections and communicate hazards to key holder on duty
- Ensure physical security by controlling access of associates and visitors
- Participate in the store's Shortage Control and Safety programs
- Execute directives
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.