• Assists in monitoring, reviewing and enforcing safety, health and environmental regulations. Ensures distribution center associates adhere to local, state and federal regulations, and notifies appropriate personnel when center is not ion compliance or potentially is not in compliance.
• Assists manager in working in conjunction with nurse regarding accidents including reviewing and following up on accident investigation reports and developing methods for preventing additional accidents.
• Assist manager in coordinating, monitoring and maintaining inspection records of fire protection equipment and in conducting monthly rills to maintain fire-fighting readiness. Develops methods for preventing fires and eliminating fire hazards.
• Supervises, trains and reviews performance of loss prevention associates. Schedules, assigns and monitors the completion of assigned tasks.
• Assists manager in implementing and monitoring loss prevention policies and procedures in order to minimize theft, and assists in investigations in order to maintain a smooth workflow.
• Assist in managing contracted security officer performance and ensures their adherence to policies and procedures. Informs vendor agency of any issues or concerns and works in connection with vendor in order to facilitate resolutions.
• Participates in safety, shrinkage and fire committees in order to assist manager in providing a safe and secure environment.
• Knowledge of environmental, safety, health and loss prevention practices and procedures desirable.
• Knowledge of OSHA and environmental rules and regulations
• Effective written and oral communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of distribution center associates.
• Analytical ability to gather and interpret information and recommend solutions.
• Must be a person of integrity and possess the highest ethical standards
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
High School / GED
On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Sears Holdings Corp. - 11 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...