Responsible for monitoring car supply and cleanliness; maintaining adequate car model mixes; providing customer service by directing customers to assigned vehicle and assisting with car lot exit process, and communicating with various employee groups regarding fleet availability.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: % TIME
1. Monitor car supply and cleanliness, maintain adequate model mixes to meet demand and ensure efficiency in the rental process; ensure security of vehicles and placement on lot is accurate. 45%
2. Provide customer service by directing customers to assigned vehicles, assisting with vehicle upgrades and/or exchanges, and receive and respond to customer complaints using the PONA (Pass of Non Adjustment) process and direct customer complaints/issues to supervisor, if necessary.
3. Assist with car lot exit process by checking customer identification, rental agreement paperwork and vehicle asset number tags to ensure appropriate and timely exit/movement. 10%
4. Communicate and coordinate with management, RSAs and Expedited Gate Agent regarding fleet availability; coordinate vehicle wait situations as necessary. 10%
5. Receive and enter change of car status and grounding dates into computer system; research and complete non-revenue entries. 5%
6. Distribute new car keys for customers and employees. 5%
Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of car rental operation
- Knowledge and skill in the operation of car rental software and hardware
- Ability to type and perform accurate data entry
- Good organizational skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to process all paperwork according to policies and procedures
- Ability to manage stressful and unusual situations while maintaining good customer relation
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to operate radio, security and computer equipment.
What's in it for you!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year customer service experience
- 1 year of car rental experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license as required by State
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Benefit Plan provides a very comprehensive and industry-competitive health care benefit package to employees including medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance, as well as short term and long term disability insurance.
The Plan also provides for a Health Flexible Spending Account and a Dependent Flexible Spending Account. In addition to the benefits described above, Dollar Thrifty also offers a 401(k) Retirement Savings Program that includes an employer match.
The Dollar Thrifty Employee Benefit Plan allows you the flexibility to elect benefits that best fit your individual and family needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. We appreciate your visit to our Career Site. If you have interest and would like to be considered for any of our career opportunities, please apply on-line.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. - 9 months ago
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...