"Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being." As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Front End team, your primary responsibility is interacting directly with our customers and accurately processing their orders through our register system. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store.
- Provide exemplary customer service by ensuring customers orders are processed through our registers accurately and efficiently in the friendliest manner.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including entrance areas and parking lot.
- Assist in other areas as required.
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 25 pounds
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive Motion
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Communication (verbal)
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Safety Cutter