Husqvarna is the world's largest producer of lawn mowers, chainsaws and portable petrol-powered garden equipment such as trimmers and blowers. The Group is also a world leader in diamond tools and cutting equipment for the construction and stone industries. Total number of employees is approximately 2,500 depending on the season.
Position/Job Description: Impact on business results
The primary focus of this position is l ead all development activities for the assigned system components which includes, but is not limited to, coding, documentation, unit testing, defect resolution
Essential Duties: Accountabilities/Responsibilities e.g. People Management, Problem Solving, Communication
Work closely with systems analyst during the design review sessions to provide
instruction and recommendations on best coding design, impacts and options
Work closely with business analysts and quality assurance analysts to confirm that the application code meets the business and system requirements that are outlined in the detailed design, during the analysis and user acceptance, testing, and implementation phases of the development lifecycle
Assist systems analysts in the documentation of design, functional, and technical
specifications and deployment guides
Participate in all phases of the systems development lifecycle from analysis and
design, development and coding, acceptance testing, and implementation, and
work with project team members to review, evaluate, and approve project
deliverables and documentation
Adhere to and maintain coding standards and guidelines set out by the Cluster for all work developed.
Develop and code application components prototypes as a proof-of-concept during design phase, as assigned
Coding, testing, and debugging of the code drop/code release developed based on the assigned application components
Code all assigned application components in accordance with the approved detailed design specifications
Prepare code drop/code release deployment packages in preparation for release
to production, and co-ordinate code deployment into various environments (i.e. test, staging, and production)
Conduct and assist in code and design reviews
Provide accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality/enhancements and review the estimates from other team members for completeness and accuracy,
Work with the Cluster technical staff to identify performance and/or availability issues for the code drop/code release developed and provide solutions
Lead development activities during the defect resolution cycle during the acceptance test cycle for the application
Write database scripts for assigned application components
Obtain Client application architect approval for all code drop/code release changes for assigned application components
Develop and code system components that compliant with the ODA
Provide a defect free code drop/code release according to the Cluster’s development standards for the assigned application components
Provide quality assurance for the code drop/code release (includes: unit testing, functional testing, load testing, tuning and regression testing, providing defect resolution and a fully tested application component)
Provide documented source code for the assigned application components and
obtain approval, acceptance, and sign-off by the Cluster on the final code drop/code release
Obtain acceptance and approval by the Cluster and the project team for all assigned deliverables
Ensure all artifacts are in compliance with GO ITS 54 Standards
Actively participate in and contribute to weekly project team meetings and document review meetings, and when required facilitate and lead meetings
Provide weekly report confirming status of the assigned tasks
Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Functional & Business knowledge, Specialist Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; plus five or more years of relevant experience in a Lotus Notes programming is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a Programmer/Lotus Notes is required.
- Design and develop PDF Forms including field definition, validation, calculations, conditional logic for multi-field validation is required.
- Demonstrated application development experience with Lotus Notes/Domino 7/8.5 designer is desired.
- Experience with Java agents and web services is required.
- Demonstrated experience with preparing detailed unit test cases and performing unit testing is required.
- Demonstrated experience with documenting programs, algorithms, interfaces is required.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
- Personal computer skills to include, but not limited to: MS Office software applications and Lotus Notes. Knowledge and/or experience with Minitab are desired.
- Ability to travel, work off shifts and overtime (including weekends) as needed is required.
Husqvarna - 10 months ago
Husqvarna has lumberjacks around the world shouting "Timber!" A leading manufacturer of outdoor power tools, the company makes cha...