JOB TITLE: Lotus Notes Programmer / RPG Programmer
REPORTS TO: Director of MIS (Lotus Notes) and the Manager of MIS (RPG).
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: Design, code, test, document and debug programs, as directed, utilizing Lotus Notes or RPG.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stay current with LN features and upcoming changes.
- Code, test, and debug programs to accomplish defined objectives.
- Maintain or modify existing program packages using company standards.
- Prepare and maintain technical and user documentation needed to process programs. This documentation must adhere to company standards.
- Consistently meet and attain goals set with Director of MIS.
- Take on new tasks or new technologies assigned by the supervisor.
- Analyzes existing systems and programs and develops or recommends new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Reviews and analyzes system specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included. Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements. This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
- On call support of programming problems.
- Communicate Project status.
- Monitor Changes and Problems.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in Lotus Notes programming and a minimum 4 years of programming experience in RPG.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player working with all departments and service centers.
- Ability to work required hours and travel, if necessary.
Ward Trucking - 11 months ago