We are the Cummins Engine experts! We have multiple opportunities available for Technicians to meet expanding customer needs. If you like engine work - this is the place for you.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts, and service in the world. We are now accepting applications for a 2nd shift Lube Technician in our Normal, IL location.
This position is an entry level service technician job. Entry level technicians must furnish a complete set of hand tools. When first hired, will be assigned to work and/or consult with higher level technicians until proficient in performance of trouble shooting and repairs to basic model engines and sub-assemblies.
- Responsible for vehicle services in the lube bay - changes oil, changes filters, grease chassis and check fluid levels.
- Works with experienced technician to learn more complex duties such as clutch adjustments, brake adjustments, transmission services, chassis inspections and adjustments.
- Cleans lube and Quickserve bay, mops floors, disposes of used oil, used filters and coolants properly.
- Assists with general shop clean-up and maintenance during times when lube bay is not occupied.
- Gathers and records proper records from vehicles for work orders and inspection sheets.
- Will be trained to use Insite computer program to extract data from engine ECM.
- Services generators on motor coaches.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. And/or other combination of technical training through the military, apprenticeships or other equivalent training/experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess basic theoretical and practical knowledge required for the services of all engine makes and chassis.
- Must have complete knowledge of all tools and equipment in lube bay and be able to use them safely.
- Must learn, understand, and adhere to branch and company operations and policies.
- Ability to use windows based computer software.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
- 401K with employer match
- Continued training/education with tuition assistance
- Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
- A competitive wage and much more.
If interested, please apply online now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/M/F/V/D
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify
Military friendly employer