Lyft is hiring a coordinator to lead the charge on helping Lyft give back to local communities. In addition to building our flagship social good programs, you will spearhead the research, outreach and execution related to relevant community initiatives and partnerships in Lyft’s markets across the country.
We’re looking for a top-notch communicator with a knack for working with people. You thrive on helping others and have a passion for building creative grassroots campaigns from the ground up. You will report to the Director of Communications at Lyft HQ in San Francisco.
Your Experience & Skills
- Conduct research in local markets to identify and recommend relevant organizations and opportunities for Lyft to get involved in the community
- Secure local partnerships and opportunities to build awareness in each market, working closely with the Lyft launch team and local driver communities
- Draft, edit and approve internal and external community relations messaging including social media copy, correspondence with local organizations and follow-up
- Conduct ongoing phone conversations and site visits to potential and current program participants
- Brainstorm new and interesting ways for Lyft to get involved in various communities
- Assist in the planning and execution of events to build awareness of Lyft in local markets
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in community outreach, corporate philanthropy and/or communications preferred
- Experience in working collaboratively with a team to plan events and activities
- Exceptional writing skills with knowledge of the AP style of writing/editing
- Excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to address last-minute priorities while still maintaining quality results across ongoing projects
- You’re an avid Lyft user
- You volunteer regularly and have experience in a non-profit environment
- Please include a 1-2 sentence description of Lyft and a creative idea for getting Lyft involved in a local organization to support our focus on community
Lyft is your friend with a car. Drivers are matched with passengers who request rides through the Lyft iPhone or Android app. Drivers are...