Requisition ID: 70770
- Organization: Svc - IS&T
- Location: Reston, VA
Initially, this position will be located out of our Frederick, MD campus, and will be relocated with our other corporate functions and services to Reston, Virginia beginning second quarter.
Bechtel is seeking a Microsoft Lync Engineer to support our Global Systems Engineering Team. The Global Systems Engineering team’s focus is on researching, assessing, engineering and deploying unified communication related technologies. Along with the team, the Microsoft Lync Engineer acts as a third / fourth level technical support on the deployed technologies providing specialized assistance and planning guidance to other Bechtel organizations. The Microsoft Lync Engineer and Collaborative Technologies team works closely with peer organizations within Bechtel’s Central Infrastructure on the development and testing of unified communications systems.
The position will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Design and deployment of Microsoft Lync for the company
- Assist with creating a strategic direction and architecture for enterprise-wide deployment of unified communication systems and upgrades
- Provide architectural documentation as well as operational
- Provide support for projects in transitioning to new technologies and processes
- 3+ years of experience in networking, Microsoft technologies, IP telephony and/or video conferencing technologies and standards
- 2+ years’ engineering experience with Microsoft OCS or Lync 2010 in a large enterprise environment, including enterprise voice
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or related technical field
- Engineering experience in a multi-site enterprise environment
- Integration experience with video conferencing and/or VOIP systems
- Strong vendor negotiation and relationship management skills
- General network experience, including understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
- Ability to collaborate and build/maintain solid working relationships with peers internal and external to the organization
- Strong troubleshooting, analysis and consultative skills
- Strong communications skills, including experience in writing and reviewing technical documentation
- MCITP or MCSE
For Admin Use Only: CB12
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 22 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...