M7 (NoSql) Developer
M7 is a ground breaking NoSQL Database offering from MapR. M7 is an easy to use, extremely reliable and the fastest NoSQL DB product and is architected ground up to eliminate many of the limitations that are common with other NoSQL database. We are looking for software developers to take M7 to the next level.
The Cool stuff you will do:
You will be working with a group of extremely talented and bright individuals with a mission to make M7 the best NoSQL database product.
• Design, Implement, differentiated features and enhancements in M7 with focus on optimal algorithm and efficient data structure
• Think really hard on removing that extra 12 instruction cycles on the hot code path.
• Analyze performance, scalability and high availability bottlenecks and make M7 blazingly fast.
• Build a product that wins against head to head competition with Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike
The stuff you'll need to succeed:
• Strong C/C++ background building systems software (e.g. DBMS kernel, file system, middleware)
• Experience building and delivering multi-threaded scalable and distributed systems
• Good code review skills, and pride in code quality
• Strong troubleshooting skills
The stuff that would be nice to have:
• Knowledge of the internals of RDBMS Storage Layer
• Experience with scalable systems design and implementation
• Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
• BS or PhD degree in Computer Science
About MapR Technologies:
MapR Technologies provides the leading distribution for Hadoop. MapR’s Hadoop stack combines optimized versions of open source technologies including Apache HBase, Hive, Pig, and MapReduce, an enterprise-grade NoSQL solution in M7, a powerful data management layer and enterprise reliability features to power companies’ Big Data analytical needs. Founded in 2009, MapR is well funded by leading VCs, already has substantial revenue and carries an enviable customer base that includes leading Fortune 100 companies as well as top technology companies.
MapR is an equal opportunity employer.
MapR Technologies, Inc. - 21 months ago