Must have a Medical Assistant Diploma from a nationally accredited school; previous work experience as a medical assistant or laboratory tech preferred
• Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter
• Be able to effectively explain concepts to others including demonstrating proper lab techniques
• Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
• Strong interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work accurately and adapt to a variety of tasks
• Working knowledge of technical and procedural aspects and functions of a medical laboratory
• Basic physiology; safety procedures; ethical standards and practice
• Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing and encouraging a learning environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• English will be the primary language used; bilingual abilities useful but not required.
Coach and provide tutorial assistance to medical assistant graduates in the core program, soft skills and/or employment assessment by concentrating on the particular needs of each student.
Provide delivery of assigned course information by planning, preparing, and delivering quality tutorial instruction in participatory, interactive graduate-involved employment preparation and professional development. Provide guidance and academic support to graduates to facilitate employment. Evaluate and resolve graduate inquiries, issues, problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve issues.
Conduct, evaluate and deliver course information that will meet standardized requirements for Medical Assistants based on industry standards. Ensure that students achieve technical skills that lead to employability.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures
• Ensures graduates are proficient in Medical Terminology, Dosage Calculations/Conversions, and Administering Vital Signs.
• Teaches professional development and technical skills refresher course within the Medical Assistant curriculum which leads to employment.
• Prepares and delivers lecture and lab demonstrations as outlined in professional development.
• Facilitates job club discussions.
• Ensure students’ conceptual understanding of employability skills.
• Directly supervises daily activities and tasks of medical assistant graduates.
• Demonstrate effective teaching skills and conduct tutorial sessions as needed.
• Stay current with trends in vocational education and allied health through professional development.
• Actively support campus initiatives, company policies and procedures, goals and student outcomes.
• Other duties as assigned
Part Time - Temporary
International Education Corporation - 17 months ago
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....