As a MAARS Activity Coordinator, you will be responsible but, not limited to the following:
- Develop student activities that enhance social and cultural life, leadership training, risk management, and other relevant areas of college life
- Be visible and available for all scheduled activities
- Provide student supervision and direction to the program activity
- Support the goals and objectives of the activities
- Coordinate and schedule activities
- Serve as a resource person
- Supervise transportation arrangements.
- Guidance in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Supervise handling and accounting of money
- Appoint Residential Assistants to all student activity groups
- Oversee inventory and storage of equipment
- Other related duties as assigned
- This temorary position requires mainly evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to foster and develop working relationships and a sense of community with a broad range of students and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build a co-operative co-curricular program that blends entertainment and fun with individual awareness and understanding of important social/global and cultural issues and concerns.