The incumbent will be responsible for providing biostatistical consultation and programming support for multiple principal investigators on clinical research projects and clinical trials for the UCSF Memory and Aging Center, a multidisciplinary clinical research program investigating neurodegenerative diseases through observational studies and clinical trials. The incumbent will advise clinical research personnel (including neurologists, neuropsychologists, nurses, project coordinators) on all aspects of study design and data analysis, and will perform those statistical analyses, including complex mathematical modeling of complex relationships with many variables, often working with observational analytic designs made complicated by unbalanced cell sizes, missing data, and complex data structure. This position requires solid foundation in applied biostatistics and experience in data querying, data analysis, and communicating statistical procedures and results. |
• Graduation from college with a major in statistics, biostatistics or a related field and four years of professional statistical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
• Experience with analyses of observational data in quasi-experimental designs.
• Experience working in a medical research setting.
• Expertise in biostatistics, especially basic descriptive statistics and correlation analyses, including regression methods (e.g., linear, logistic, and Cox regression).
• Expertise using computer statistical packages, including SAS and SPSS. STATA and R preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Interest in topics of neurology and neurodegenerative diseases.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Masters or PhD in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field.
• Proficiency in database querying (SQL).
University of California San Francisco - 18 months ago