The sets up, operates and carries out repair work on machinery.
He/She should also be able to maintain and clean the machinery. He/She monitors operation of machines and provides instructions to other workers on how to operate and maintain the machinery.
The machine technician's main responsibility involves understanding and setting up machinery. He/She should also be able to operate machinery and diagnose any malfunctions of the machinery. He/She carries out various support functions such as preventive maintenance and calibration of machinery. He/She ensures safety guidelines are in place and implemented. He/She computes data and other relevant information necessary to the working of the machine |
High School diploma or GED equivalent
• 2-5 years’ experience in the area of equipment maintenance and maintenance operations
• Experience with Automated mechanical systems a plus
• Basic understanding of Motor Control systems
• Mechanic skills including, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines
• Functional experience with standard electronic and mechanical test equipment including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, digital test equipment, power-supplies, machine levels, dial-indicators, calipers, and other machine measurement equipment
• Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
• Ability to be badged to work in secure areas
• Ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift including weekends and holidays
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 16 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...