Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a MACHINERY ENGINEER at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
This position is to perform machinery engineering work and vendor document review, technical verification, QC inspection and installation/commissioning support for all AP America executed ASU, GGS, HYCO, Chemicals and Electronics projects. This position will require experience in the design and application large compressors, turbines, pumps, cooling towers, etc. The individual shall be capable of reviewing a vendor’s technical documents and design drawing to insure their accuracy and completeness. He/she is also expected to have good communication and team work skills.
- Work with the project team to provide large machinery such as centrifugal/reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, cooling towers, air and water cooled condensers, pumps, silencers etc.
- Prepare engineering specifications, data sheets, technical evaluations, bid conditioning, review and approval of vendor design calculations, fabrication drawings, performance testing document, Inspection & Testing Plan (ITP) etc.
- Work with the QC team to perform critical hold point inspections during fabrication, installation and commissioning. Coordinate with QC inspectors and engineering disciplines within the company, resolving problems during engineering and fabrication stages.
- Build good relationships and communicate with global machinery community leads to share the best practice and technology. Participating the global meetings and conferences.
- Support project development by providing machinery equipment cost and man hour estimation input. Work with other disciplines to find the best overall evaluated solution.
- Provide required machinery engineering support to our operating facilities in the Americas.
- Provide sound technical direction to project teams for problem solving and decision making.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- BS Degree in Rotating Machinery, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering with 10 to 15 years working experience on centrifugal/reciprocating compressors, blowers, steam turbines, pumps, silencers, cooling towers, air cooling condensers etc in Air Separation, Oil & Gas, or Petro Chemical Industry.
- Must be fully conversant with internationally recognized codes API, ASME, TEMA, IEC, etc. Familiarity with the requirements of China GB codes is a plus.
- Good knowledge and experience in inspection of rotating machinery fabrication quality and its performance testing procedures and evaluation.
- Leadership and mentoring skills, with good communication, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Must be able to read and write in fluent English and possess an acceptable level of English speaking to be able to interact with people from US, Europe and Asia.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #10367BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 24 months ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...