Requires academic knowledge of basic English grammar and spelling, ability to perform skilled production activities, utilize a personal computer, comprehend/follow complicated instruction and/or perform multiple math functions (as would typically be acquired through obtaining a high school degree).
- Sets up and operates selected groups of manual equipment and computer controlled production machines that include machining centers, programmable mills and drills, automatic lathes and laser cutters.
- Receives processed parts and reads blueprints/sketches in order to fabricate a variety of complex, mid-low volume parts. Anticipates and resolves problems associated with job set up. Adheres to proper feeds, speeds and settings to maximize production levels and machine/tool life.
- Required to inspect own work prior to next operation. Serves as precision and operational inspector of Production Operators. Makes adjustments, sends work back, as necessary.
- Maintains work area and equipment in neat, organized manner. Ensures inventory of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels. Uses P.C. to expedite parts as required to meet schedule.
- Stacks, and/or moves completed work by following material handling procedures.
- Provides work direction/assistance to Production Operators on a regular basis.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Position requires 3-5 years of production experience. Other experience will be considered.
Needs to have good communication including ability to persuade others in securing cooperation and/or resolving problems. Needs to be able to work in team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
Working Conditions: Works in factory setting. Typically required to utilize hand and power tools and work with various chemicals. Eye and foot protection are required. Hand and hearing equipment may be required. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/ manipulate parts in excess of 15 pounds.
The Raymond Corporation - 2 years ago
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...