Distributes and collects incoming mail. Collects and processes outgoing mail. Responsibilities include:
- Determines, affixes, and records postage on registered mail and packages.
- Inspects and seals all outgoing detainee mail. Logs and inspects all detainee packages.
- Sorts, locates, opens, inspects and bundles all incoming detainee mail and publications.
- Distributes all inter-office mail for the facility departments and detainees.
- Documents, processes, and files all incoming/outgoing mail denials.
- Logs and processes all incoming/outgoing legal, special, medial and certified mail.
- Operates postage machine and other mailroom office machines.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings. Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual Applicants Preferred.
Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation to include criminal, credit and employment history.
The GEO Group, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...