GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:|
Assists in a variety of tasks in connection with the maintenance, repair and cleaning of building, grounds and equipment. Does related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
This is routine manual work requiring a willingness to perform arduous tasks both indoors and out. Duties may also include assisting in the completion of tasks of a skilled or semi-skilled nature, under the direction of a building maintenance man or mechanic, related to the maintenance and repair of buildings, ground and equipment. General directions are received in connection with each assignment and supervision is received while work is in progress and upon completion.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Assists in a variety of tasks in regard to the up-keep of buildings, grounds and equipment;
- Prepares surfaces for painting by sanding, scraping, washing and applying paint or varnish remover;
- Assists in the painting of walls, doors, windows and equipment;
- Assists in the maintenance of buildings by replacing light bulbs, fuses, repairing and replacing switch outlets, electric lights, alarm lights, etc.;
- Assists in the maintenance of grounds by mowing laws, trimming shrubbery, sweeping sidewalks, removing ice and snow, etc.;
- Helps to clean and maintain tools, machinery and other mechanical equipment;
- Cleans and operates trash compactors;
- Loads and unloads trucks;
- Performs a variety of tasks in relation to cleaning operating machinery in buildings.
Ability to follow oral directions; ability to learn the practices and procedures for building cleaning, repair and maintenance, willingness to perform routine manual work; willingness to work under all weather conditions; manual dexterity; physical endurance; dependability; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
A valid New York State driver’s license is required at the time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
A valid New York State driver’s license is required at the time of appointment and for the duration of employment. Employees possessing additional licenses (e.g. a Commercial Driver’s License) may be required to drive any vehicle, which they are licensed to drive.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES MANDATORY OVERTIME INCLUDING SNOW REMOVAL AND ON-CALL ROTATION.
HOURS 40 PER WEEK
*** THIS POSTING MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE OPENINGS***
Submit Application to:
Albany Housing Authority
200 South Pearl Street
Albany, New York 12202
Email to: email@example.com
Monster - 21 months ago
For over forty years, Albany Housing Authority has been providing rental housing for very low, low, and moderate income households in the...