Req ID 56711BR
Location of Position
The maintenance manager is responsible for implementing and supervising daily production maintenance activities at the Cleveland Plant while maintaining compliance with the current manufacturing practices (cGMPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply. He/she is expected to drive results to support plant strategic imperatives. He/she must enforce company rules and regulations and promote Baxter Values within his/her shift. He/she is expected to coach/mentor employees to drive performance. He/she must be able to prepare and present technical reports and trends. He/she must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting, and prioritize responsibilities of self and direct reports appropriately. He/she must have organizational and administrative skills.
- Supervise, lead and coordinate maintenance activities through direct reporting supervisors. Including production maintenance and machine shop.
- Responsible for maintenance throughout facility. Respond, remediate and report as needed for the total Cleveland Facility.
- Facilitate and verify appropriate training for all employees on the shift (including but not limited to safety, cGMPs, job skills, JIB’s, etc.).
- Ensure assigned projects and deliverables (i.e. corrective actions, exception reports, meeting action items, etc.) are completed per the commitment date.
- Drive performance with employees by providing a positive and equitable work environment emphasizing respect, responsiveness, and results, as well as, utilizing the talent management process.
- Assure work orders and PM’s are performed in an efficient manner and reported as required.
- Assess, deploy, assign and coordinate resources to address emergency and urgent work orders.
- Coordinate, oversee and manage contractors as needed to meet the responsibilities of the department.
- Maintain equipment in sound condition, report deficiencies and record ELKE.
- Develop a reliability centered Maintenance Program (TPM) for all areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate training as needed.
- Analyze, propose and correct longer-term solutions to existing and repeating problems.
- Inspect, monitor, assess and assure the facility and equipment remains cGMP compliant and in a constant state of audit readiness.
- Provide technical expertise and direction to the staff of a 24 Hours/7 Day a Week Operation
- Assist in the procurement and installation of new equipment.
- Support and maintain all environmental, health and safety programs, as well as, all other plant activities.
- Support and encourage all plant activities, i.e. VIP, TPM, 6-S, Lean, QOS teams, plant growth and development.
- Manage, identify, hire and develop technical staff.
Doing Work that Matters
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface well with personnel of all levels.
- Must be able to work and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess problem-solving skills utilizing cause mapping and A3’s.
- Must have organizational and administrative skills.
- Must have strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing setting and prioritize responsibilities of self and direct reports appropriately.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret scientific and statistical data.
- Must have ability to understand cGMPs, FDA guidelines and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have strong aptitude for operation and controls of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Proficient with Computer Maintenance Management Systems (ELKE).
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must meet visual acuity requirements.
- Must be able to supervise multiple groups.
- BS degree in engineering discipline with 7-10 years of maintenance manufacturing experience or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- 5 years of demonstrated effective supervisory skills.
- 7 -10 years experience in a manufacturing environment. FDA/cGMP experience preferred.
- 5 years machine shop experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility and following up on work being performed by maintenance technicians and mechanics.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- Must follow GMP rules and regulations.
- Will be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift as needed.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits. To view additional opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.careers.baxter.com/. EOE M/F/D/V.
Baxter - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company primarily...