At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the mechanical maintenance on the Ravenswood Thermal units (#10, 20, 30), on the Ravenswood combined cycle (unit 40), the Gas Turbine peaking units, as well as for the general facility maintenance and janitorial services. Additionally, the maintenance department performs mechanical installation work for selected capital projects.
The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for the station work management program and the management of the Ravenswood Field Work Planners.
- This position is eligible for domestic and cross-border relocation assistance.
Education and Qualifications:
- Help prepare and operate within the annual plant expense and capital budget;
- Administer the efficient and reliable operation of the generating station, including timely decisions in regard to equipment operation;
- Reliable operation and coordination of maintenance/repairs to equipment of significant value;
- Administer employee relations through Company Policy and Procedures as well as interpretation of the Company-Union Contracts;
- Responsible for 5-7 management personnel as well as 30-40 bargaining unit personnel;
- Guide and enable employees to accomplish performance objectives;
- Foster a fair and trusting environment through open communication;
- Responsible for the proper staffing and development of generating station personnel;
- Operate and maintain the plant in compliance with all environmental and other regulatory requirements;
- Other tasks as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Strong problem solving ability;
- Demonstrated safety and environmental protection focus;
- Ability to develop area plans and budgets, monitoring progress towards their achievement.
Please apply to this posting by January 11,2013.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering is required, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent years of power plant supervisory experience;
- A strong background in Power Plant Management is desirable;
- Seven to ten years of power plant experience in multiple positions, preferably at various plant locations;
- Knowledge and a good working understanding in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, machine design, computers, electrical circuits and metallurgy.
- This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and provide a driver's abstract (record) for review;
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing;
- Successfully complete a criminal history search (NERC);
- Obtain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within 6 months of employment.
- Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code EXT50559061-01 or click HERE.
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
TransCanada - 20 months ago
TransCanada Corporation is a major North American energy company based in Calgary, Alberta, developing and operating energy infrastructure...