Works under general supervision to perform various repair and maintenance work and perform other generalized duties in the operations of Corrections facilities.
Entry Level: $19.52 Hourly
EEOC CODE: 70
1. Two (2) years of work experience as a Maintenance Mechanic; and
2. Graduated from an accredited High School or possess GED; and
3. Completion of Maintenance Technology and Property Maintenance Trade School or specialized training courses; or
4. Equivalent combination of related education, training, and/or experience.
5. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED).
1. Must be able to function in a prison environment.
2. Must have a valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one as of employment date.
3. Must pass NCIC background check.
4. Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and be on call.
5. Will be required to pass a physical, TB Screen and drug test.
6. Ability to climb and work at heights of 10-20 feet.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform semi-skilled repairs and maintenance functions on buildings and equipment.
2. Replace defective electrical switches and other fixtures.
3. Paint walls, floors, woodwork and fixtures of buildings using spray guns and brushes.
4. Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and open clogged drains, using plumbers’ tools.
5. Repair and replace brick and plaster walls.
6. Keep records and make reports.
7. Make minor plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and carpentry repairs.
8. Make or repair counters, benches, partitions, etc using appropriate tools.
9. Assist higher skilled maintenance personnel.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Advanced knowledge of common practices, methods and materials for maintenance of buildings and construction work.
2. Ability to work with people.
3. Ability to complete reports and requisitions.
4. General knowledge of wood and metal tools and instruments and their maintenance and use.
5. General knowledge of the practices, methods, tools and materials required for the maintenance of mechanical equipment.
6. General knowledge of plumbing and ability to clean clogged drains and shut off water supply using plumbers tools.
7. Must have manual dexterity.
8. Ability to climb and work at heights of 10-20 feet.
9. Ability to read and work with blueprints.
1045 Mullins Station Road, Memphis, Tennessee 38134
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 17 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...